Article content

Minutes March 2017



Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 14 March 2017  

at the Banks Community Centre,  Hoole Lane.


Commenced 19.15 

                                                                                                            Concluded   20.35            

            Present:           Dorothy Hames

Chris Lennon

Steven Douglas

Harry Pendlebury

Tom Blane

Malcolm Barron

Bill Abram


Parish Clerk   David Maughan


Public Participation


  • Speed restrictions on Station Road were being ignored. Cllr Barron will check this out with Police
  • Parking on Station Road is a problem and yellow lines would be requested. However, we have no power to do so
  • There was an issue with more houses being passed by planning although, again, we have little power to influence
  • Concerns over the travellers site and we were advised that this was being decided upon by the Court of Appeal
  • Concerns over parking on footpaths and clerk to liaise with police for enforcement
  • Example of drainage problem on Fleetwood Crescent and clerk to liaise with Cllr Abram and contractor to progress matters in respect of drainage


159/16 Apologies


  • Cllr Jim O’Hare not present


160/16 Declarations of Interest


  • None


161/16             Minutes of the previous meeting


  • Approved.


162/16 Police Report (verbal)


  • Not present


163/16 Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.


  • Nothing to report



164/16 Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting


  • Action had been taken on drainage problem on Hesketh Avenue
  • Bikers had caused damage on Aveling Drive


165/16 Finance


Chq No. Payee Description Amount
03708 Clare Murphy Salary 468.00
03709 Jean Mannering Salary 218.40
03710 David Maughan Salary 786.54
03711 HMRC Tax & NI 33.03
03712 M Alty Drainage pump 62.97


166/16 Correspondence for Information


Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors


167/16 To receive an update on Hoole Lane bus shelter


Clerk advised that


  • This had been reported to police
  • Referred to WLBC CCTV department, which was inconclusive
  • Written to bus company for their comments
  • Claim form requested from insurers
  • Clerk instructed to submit claim form to insurers


168/16 To receive update on Leisure Centre


  • No further developments ahead of decision from WLBC in respect of our request for funding assistance


169/16 To discuss situation in respect of Hoole Lane


  • We were advised that tarmac had perished and parts were unfit for use by HGV’s
  • Pothole repairs were poor
  • Clerk to contact LCC for meeting to progress matters


170/16 To discuss request for use of Aveling Drive by local football team


  • Clerk to convey agreement for use
  • £20 per game
  • Pavilion to be kept clean and tidy
  • Necessity to report any damage as soon as it occurs


171/16 To discuss involvement by Environmental Enforcement Officer representation in respect of dog fouling in the area


  • Clerk to contact David Jones
  • Bonds Lane, Charnleys Lane, and Vicarage Lane are of particular need to be aware of
  • Consider flyer delivery
  • Possible signage
  • Bins to be provided
  • Budget allocation £200


172/16 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies


  1. Police and Community Together (PACT) Panel


Nothing to report


  1. Corporate Planning


Nothing to report


  1. Community Centre


Nothing to report


  1. Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)


Nothing to report


  1. Health Issues


Cllr Hames advised of a forthcoming Patient Participation Group meeting


  1. Banks Carnival


Cllr Barron to progress Christmas tree lights


  1. Health & Safety


Nothing to report


  1. Finance


Nothing to report


173//16            Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor and Lancashire County Councillor


  • Green bin charge of £30 per annum effective wef June
  • £1.4B proposed for Skelmersdale train station
  • Bus Lane refunds to be received from Preston Council
  • 17/18 FOI report requested
  • Redundancy payments being made will substantially offset proposed savings


174/16 Planning


Planning Delegated Decisions


Date Reference Address Outcome
07 Mar 2017 2016/1217/FUL Guinea Hall Lane Granted


175/16 Date of next meeting


Community Centre

11 April 2017

7.15 pm