Article content

Minutes April 2017



Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 11 April 2017  

at the Banks Community Centre,  Hoole Lane.


Commenced 19.15 

                                                                                                            Concluded   20.35            

            Present:           Dorothy Hames

Chris Lennon

Harry Pendlebury

Tom Blane

Malcolm Barron

Bill Abram

Jim O’Hare


Parish Clerk   David Maughan


Public Participation


  • Members of the ‘Nifty Fifties’ were present and were given an update on the position in respect of the Leisure Centre
  • The state of some of the roads in the village were questioned, especially Hoole Lane and Ralph’s Wifes Lane, and it was pointed out that this was a LCC issue


176/16 Apologies


  • Cllr Steven Douglas not present


177/16 Declarations of Interest


  • None


178/16             Minutes of the previous meeting


  • Approved.


179/16 Police Report (verbal)


  • Not present


180/16 Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.


  • Nothing to report



181/16 Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting


  • Nothing to report





182/16 Finance


Chq No. Payee Description Amount
3713 Clare Murphy Salary 487.50
3714 Jean Mannering Salary 227.50
3715 David Maughan Salary 845.73
3716 HMRC Tax & NI 33.03
3717 Williamson Engineering Grass cutting 196.80
3718 David Maughan Expenses 476.56


183/16 Correspondence for Information


Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors


184/16 To receive an update on Hoole Lane bus shelter


Clerk advised that claim submitted to insurers


185/16 To receive update on Leisure Centre


  • Now received response from WLBC offering £23,300 in year one and £11,650 in year two
  • Need to decide by October
  • Cllr Abram advised that he had arranged site visits from roofer and electrician to initially inspect the centre and nothing untoward had been discovered
  • Further special meeting arranged for 18 April, 7.00 pm at Community Centre, arranged to take matters forward


186/16 To discuss situation in respect of Dog Fouling in the area


  • Bins to be changed to incorporate litter and dog fouling
  • WLBC to determine positioning of the bins


187/16 To discuss ‘Patient Participation Group’ newsletter


  • Obviously a Hesketh Bank issue but brought to our attention by Cllr Barron so that we were advised of the situation as some residents here were dealt with by Hesketh Bank practice
  • Newsletter had been previously distributed to all councillors so they were updated as to the situation


188/16 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies


  1. Police and Community Together (PACT) Panel


Nothing to report


  1. Corporate Planning


Nothing to report


  1. Community Centre


Nothing to report


  1. Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)


Nothing to report


  1. Health Issues


Cllr Hames advised Nurse Practioner had resigned and had been replaced


  1. Banks Carnival


Nothing to report


  1. Health & Safety


Nothing to report


  1. Finance


Nothing to report


189//16            Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor and Lancashire County Councillor


  • Green bin charge of £30 per annum effective wef June
  • £1.4B proposed for Skelmersdale train station


190/16 Planning


Weekly Planning Lists


Date Reference Address
08/03/2017 2017/0240/LDC Units 1 & 2 Greaves Hall
28/03/2017 2017/0278/FUL Aldergrove Centre


Planning Delegated Decisions


Date Reference Address Outcome
28/03/2017 2015/1182/FUL 264 Gravel Lane Granted
28/03/2017 2016/1178/FUL Dandys Barn Granted
28/03/2017 LCC/2017/0016 Exploration Site No Objections
04/04/2017 2017/0152/PNH 62 Station Road Refused



191/16 Date of next meeting


To incorporate Annual Meeting

Community Centre

9 May 2017

7.15 pm