Article content

Minutes October 2018



Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 9 October 2018  

At the Banks Community Centre, Hoole Lane.


Commenced 19.15 

                                                                                                            Concluded   21.00          

            Present:           Bill Abram

Chris Lennon

Steven Douglas

James O’Hare

Brenda Wright

Dorothy Hames

Kath Lockie


Parish Clerk   David Maughan


Public Participation


  • Various matters were discussed
  • These included an update on the ‘Green Lane Link’
  • Excess speeding in the locality
  • Parking on pavements
  • CCTV coverage in the village
  • Décor at the Community Centre
  • Various Action Points noted and to be taken forward accordingly


71/18   Apologies


  • Cllr Blane was absent  due to hospitalisation


72/18   Declarations of Interest


  • None declared



73/18   Minutes of the previous meeting


  • Approved


74/18   Application from John Howard to join Council


  • Application discussed and he was co-opted accordingly


75/18   Police Report (verbal)


  • Not present


76/18   Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.


  • Nothing other than what is covered by other agenda items


77/18   Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting


  • Clerk to check flood action letter and send copy to Kath


78/18   Finance


  • List circulated


  • Agreed that payments of Accounts since the last meeting are ratified and invoices now presented on the payment schedule are approved and cheques signed by authorised signatories accordingly


79/18   Correspondence for Information


  • Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors


80/18   To discuss utilisation of S106 monies from WLBC


  • Agreed that this could be tied in with Leisure Centre discussions and to be discussed at that point


81/18     To discuss purchase of Christmas lights


  • Cllr Abram had identified suitable lights and go ahead given to place order accordingly


82/18     To discuss purchase of grit bins and grit ahead of Winter


  • 2 x 80 litre bins plus 5 tonnes of salt required


83/18     To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies


  1. Corporate Planning


Nothing to report


  1. Community Centre


Nothing to report


  1. Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)


  • Clerk to contact Duncan Ross to obtain update
  • Agenda item required for next meeting to discuss support for local football coaching request


  1. Health Issues


CCG confirm not enough Doctors available although Prescription Hub sounds positive


  1. Health & Safety


Nothing to report


  1. Finance


Nothing to report



84/18   Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor


  • Requested that we include an Agenda item for next meeting to discuss feedback for Local Plan at WLBC


85/18   Planning


  • Agreed that all matters had been agreed and no action to be taken forward to WLBC in respect of other planning matters


86/18   Date of next meeting


Community Centre

13 November 2018

7.15 pm


  • At the end of the Public Meeting, there had been a Part Two Agenda item in respect of the Leisure Centre
  • See separate minutes