Article content

Minutes November 2018



Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 13 November 2018  

At the Leisure Centre, Banks


Commenced 19.15 

                                                                                                            Concluded   21.00          

            Present:           Bill Abram

Tom Blane

Steven Douglas

John Howard

Brenda Wright

Dorothy Hames

Kath Lockie


Parish Clerk   David Maughan


Public Participation


  • On arrival at the Community Centre it was discovered that a burglary had taken place prior to the meeting
  • One member of the public had turned up at the meeting
  • It was decided that we could not hold the Council meeting in the Community Centre as it was effectively a crime scene
  • We therefore relocated to the Leisure Centre
  • Cllr Douglas volunteered to stay at the Community Centre until the police arrived and thereafter secure the premises
  • The member of the public did not come to the Leisure Centre


87/18   Apologies


  • Cllr O’Hare was absent


88/18   Declarations of Interest


  • None declared


89/18   Minutes of the previous meeting


  • Approved


90/18   Police Report (verbal)


  • Not present


91/18   Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.


  • Nothing other than what is covered by other agenda items





92/18   Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting


  • No urgent decisions necessary


93/18   Finance


  • List circulated
Chq No. Payee Description Amount
  Clare Murphy Oct Salary 508.95
  Jean Mannering Oct Salary 237.51
  David Maughan Oct Salary 782.45
  HMRC Tax & NI 133.32
  John Williamson Grass cutting 465.60
  David Maughan Keys Cut 21.40
  Unipart Dorman Batteries 151.20
  Royal British Legion Poppy Wreath 26.00
  Bill Abram Poppy signs 75.00



  • Agreed that payments of Accounts since the last meeting are ratified and invoices now presented on the payment schedule are approved and cheques signed by authorised signatories accordingly


94/18   Correspondence for Information


  • Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors


95/18   To discuss request for support for football coaching for local team


  • Request received from Kyle O’Hare for support
  • Cllr Abram to take forward with Kyle and report back to Council if appropriate


96/18     To consider feedback required by WLBC for Local Plan


  • Cllr Lockie had brought with her the Local Plan
  • We were advised that there was a meeting about the Local Plan in Halsall scheduled for 15 November 2018
  • Cllrs Lockie, Abram, Blane, Hames, and Lennon agreed to attend the meeting
  • Feedback to be presented to WLBC in light of outcome of Halsall meeting


97/18     To consider contribution to Douglas Trust in recognition of Defibrillator maintenance undertaken by them on our behalf


  • Approved to contribute £150 to Douglas Trust


98/18     To retrospectively confirm trial extension in respect of Post Office representation within the Community Centre


  • Clerk advised he had had telephone request about possible extension to test if Mondays would prove beneficial to open Post Office
  • Council agreed that this would be beneficial for Community service and agreed accordingly


99/18     To receive a proposition that the Council Policy Documents are ratified as presented for use until 31 December 2019 (previously circulated)


  • Ratified accordingly


100/18  To form a Working Committee to discuss formulation of Budget for 2019/20


  • Agreed that clerk plus Councillors Lennon, Douglas, and Blane would form necessary committee


101/18  To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies


  1. Corporate Planning


Nothing to report


  1. Community Centre


  • Volunteers available to decorate Community Centre
  • To be taken forward


  1. Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)


  • Clerk to contact Duncan Ross to obtain update


  1. Health Issues


  • Health Centre to have ‘Public Participation’ meeting in Community Centre
  • Agreed that as this was a public service we would not charge them on this occasion


  1. Health & Safety


  • Clerk to check with WLBC in respect of GDPR/CCTV


  1. Finance


Nothing to report



102/18 Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor


  • Local Plan requirements covered elsewhere (see 96/18 above)


103/18 Planning


  • Agreed that all matters had been agreed and no action to be taken forward to WLBC in respect of other planning matters


104/18 Date of next meeting


Community Centre

11 December 2018

7.15 pm


  • At the end of the Public Meeting, there had been a Part Two Agenda item in respect of the Leisure Centre
  • However, given relocation to Leisure Centre it was decided not appropriate to discuss