Article content

Minutes May 2019



Minutes of the Parish Council Annual Meeting held on 14 May 2019  

At the Leisure Centre, Banks


Commenced 19.15 

                                                                                                            Concluded   20.30          

            Present:           Bill Abram

Chris Lennon

Dorothy Hames

Tom Blane

Steven Douglas

John Howard


Parish Clerk   David Maughan


01/19   Annual Meeting


  • Cllr Bill Abram was proposed and seconded as Chairman and elected unanimously
  • Cllr Tom Blane was proposed and seconded as Vice Chairman and elected unanimously
  • Committees and Working Groups were decided upon
  • Finance: Cllrs Lennon, Douglas, and Blane
  • Health: Cllrs Hames and O’Hare
  • Ian Cropper was proposed and seconded to continue as Internal Auditor
  • Councillors agreed to continue to meet on second Tuesday monthly with a recess in August


Public Participation


  • None present


02/19   Apologies


  • Cllrs Lockie, Wright, and O’Hare had submitted apologies


03/19   Declarations of Interest


  • None


04/19   Minutes of the previous meeting


  • Approved


05/19   Police Report (verbal)


  • Not present
  • Clerk to write to Police Commissioner about lack of attendance at our meetings


06/19   Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.


  • Nothing other than what is covered by other agenda items


07/19   Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting


  • No urgent decisions necessary


08/19   Finance


  • List circulated


  • Agreed that payments of Accounts since the last meeting are ratified and invoices now presented on the payment schedule are approved and cheques signed by authorised signatories accordingly


09/19   Correspondence for Information


  • Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors


10/19   To receive a proposition that Year-End Budget Out-Turn report is received and noted


  • Agreed accordingkly


11/19   To receive a proposition the ‘Annual Governance Statement 2018/19’ is ratified and that the Chairman and Clerk are authorised to sign denoting approval


  • Agreed accordingly


12/19   To receive a proposition the ‘Accounting Statement 2018/19’ is ratified and that the Chairman and Clerk are authorised to sign denoting approval


  • Agreed accordingly


13/19   To receive and note the Internal Auditors Report (Previously distributed)


  • Agreed accordingly


14/19   To receive a proposition that the Annual Accounts of the Council are received, accepted and noted as presented


  • Agreed accordingly


15/19     To discuss and consider what action may be necessary in respect of the travellers sites(s) in the Parish


  • Clerk to write to West Lancashire Borough Council solicitor to ascertain position in respect of the unenforced Eviction Order for Aveling Drive South and position in respect of other sites within the Parish


16/19     To discuss and consider what playground improvements are necessary to be taken forward


  • Clerk to contact playground oprovioders ‘Yates’ to arrange meeting to take matters forward
  • To remain as an agenda item for forthcoming meetings


17/19     To discuss inviting the Environment Agency to attend a future meeting to discuss water courses within the Parishand whi is liable for whatever action may be necessary to be taken forward


  • Cller Abram to contact and arrange proposed visit


18/19     To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies

  1. Corporate Planning


  • Nothing to report


  1. Community Centre


  • Nothing to report


  1. Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)


  • Nothing to report


  1. Health Issues


  • Cllr Hames had meeting last week with Health Centre Manager
  • Discussed GP access, appointment monitroring, and waiting times
  • More developments anticipated


  1. Health & Safety


  • Nothing to report


  1. Finance


  • Nothing to report



19/19   Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor


  • Nothing to report other than WLBC planning expenditure of up to £20m for improvements in Skelmersdale


20/19   Planning


  • Agreed that all matters had been agreed and no action to be taken forward to WLBC in respect of other planning matters


21/19   Date of next meeting


Community Centre

11 June 2019

7.15 pm



22/19   Part Two Leisure Centre


  • See separate note