Article content

Minutes June 2018



Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 12 June 2018  

At the Banks Community Centre, Hoole Lane.


Commenced 19.15 

                                                                                                            Concluded   20.00          

            Present:           Bill Abram

Chris Lennon

Steven Douglas

Dorothy Hames


Parish Clerk   David Maughan


Public Participation


  • Two member of the public were present
  • We were advised a brown bin was required for the Community Centre. Clerk to obtain one
  • Clerk to request Clare lends a hand with general gardening duties
  • Children are playing on the Community Centre car park and clerk to obtain a ‘No Ball Games’ sign
  • Island by the B P Garage is untidy and Cllr Abram to organise a ‘tidy up’ for it
  • Alarm over speeding in the village and to be taken up when discussing next Spid location
  • Requested an update on the ‘Green Lane link’ via the next newsletter


19/18   Apologies


  • Cllr O’Hare was absent through illness and Cllr Blane on holiday
  • Cllrs Pendlebury and Barron also absent


20/18   Declarations of Interest


  • Cllr Douglas in respect of a planning item



21/18   Minutes of the previous meeting


  • Approved


22/18   Police Report (verbal)


  • Police report previously provided and cascaded to meeting
  • Clerk to request these be provided on a regular basis in the future


23/18   Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.


  • Nothing to report


24/18   Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting


  • Clerk advised that he had had a telephone discussion with Stephen Kent (WLBC)
  • He had been in discussion with Southport Trinity F C
  • Clerk to have further discussion with the football club to take matters forward in respect of the Aveling Drive playing field


25/18   Finance


  • List circulated


Chq No. Payee Description Amount
  Clare Murphy Salary 508.95
  Jean Mannering Salary 237.51
  David Maughan Salary 782.25
  HMRC Tax & NI 133.52
  Williamson Engineering Grass cutting 681.60
  Design Lights5.00 Glass replacement 396.00
  Ian T Cropper Internal Audit 125.00


  • Agreed that payments of Accounts since the last meeting are ratified and invoices now presented on the payment schedule are approved and cheques signed by authorised signatories accordingly


26/18   Correspondence for Information


  • Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors


27/18   To receive an update in respect of the Leisure Centre


  • Briefing from Simon Burnett from West Lancs Borough Council
  • Discussed with Mark Forster –  WLSP
  • WLSP were still positive about the initiative
  • Matters had been delayed by other priorities on their part
  • Simon hopeful of receiving a Business Plan from WLSP by end of July
  • Sticking point had been WLSP presumption that WLBC would cover repairs costs
  • Not so but discussions between WLSP and WLBC to continue
  • WLBC were looking to give a full repairing and replacing lease
  • Firm action plan to be in place by September
  • This action and timescale would be acceptable to Council Management Team
  • If this did not materialise the WLBC would look to work with NMPC to take matters forward in a different direction
  • For information purposes, John Nelson (ex WLBC) looking to contribute via a Leisure Trust to work with Mark and WLSP

28/18   To receive an update in respect of works at Hesketh Avenue


  • Drainage works almost complete
  • Fencing works finished


29/18   Proposals for trees on Fleetwood Drive


  • Trees owned by WLBC and clerk to write to obtain their proposals



30/18   To ascertain who would be attending ‘Project Griffin’ meeting


  • No volunteers obtained


31/18   To ascertain who would be attending Code of Conduct Training


  • All councillors advised that training event scheduled for 19 June and reminded accordingly


32/18   To co-opt Borough Councillor Kath Lockie to the Parish Council


  • Clerk advised that he had contacted Cllr Lockie and invited her to tonights meeting
  • Unfortunately, she had a prior engagement and couldn’t make meeting tonight
  • However, she was delighted to accept invitation to join and would try and be available for next meeting


33/18   To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies


  1. Police and Community Together (PACT) Panel


Nothing to report


  1. Corporate Planning


Nothing to report


  1. Community Centre


Nothing to report


  1. Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)


Nothing to report


  1. Health Issues


  • Cllr Hames reported that there was no longer a ‘walk-in clinic’
  • Centre appears to be running smoothly


  1. Banks Carnival


Nothing to report


  1. Health & Safety


Nothing to report


  1. Finance


Nothing to report



34/18   Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor


  • Not present


35/18   Updates from Lancashire County Councillor


  • Not present


36/18   Planning


Weekly Planning Lists


Date Reference Address
08/05/2018 2018/0308/FUL 16 Chapel Lane
08/05/2018 2018/0418/FUL 8 Hesketh Avenue
29/05/2018 2018/0523/PNP Bonny Barn Farm
05/06/2018 2018/0428/FUL 53 Fleetwood Crescent
05/06/2018 2018/0491/FUL 9 Station Road


Planning Delegated Decisions


Date Reference Address Outcome
05/06/2018 2018/0294/FUL Green Lane Farm Granted
05/06/2018 2018/0381/FUL 68 Ralphs Wifes Lane Granted
05/06/2018 2018/0206/FUL Fairholme, Marsh Road Granted
05/06/2018 2018/0254/LDP Shore House, Marsh Road Permitted


  • Agreed that all matters had been agreed and no action to be taken forward to WLBC in respect of these planning matters


37/18   Date of next meeting


Community Centre

10 July 2018

7.15 pm