Article content

Minutes July 2017


Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 11 July 2017
at the Banks Community Centre, Hoole Lane.

Commenced 19.15
Concluded 20.00
Present: Bill Abram
Dorothy Hames
Chris Lennon
Malcolm Barron
Bill Abram
Steven Douglas
Tom Blane
Jim O’Hare

Parish Clerk David Maughan

Public Participation

• Council received a thank you for provision of seat in bus shelter near Community Centre
• Request for a litter bin at bus shelter to be taken forward by Cllr Barron
• Question as to who is responsible for grass opposite Community Centre and Cllr Barron will contact LCC to ascertain
• Cllr Barron will also enquire via Keith Iddon as to road sweeping responsibility

34/17 Apologies

• None received

35/17 Declarations of Interest

• None received

36/17 Minutes of the previous meeting

• Approved.

37/17 Police Report (verbal)

• Not present

38/17 Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.

• Nothing to report

39/17 Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting

• Nothing to report

40/17 Finance

Chq No. Payee Description Amount
Clare Murphy Salary 487.50
Jean Mannering Salary 227.50
David Maughan Salary 738.73
HMRC Tax & NI 129.87
Williamson Engineering Grass cutting 758.40
Ian T Cropper Audit 120.00
B & C Shelter Solutions Deep clean x 4 240.00
Redblade Mowers Mower 538.00
Johnson Plant Hire Strimmer 234.00
David Maughan Q2 Expenses 516.97

41/17 Correspondence for Information

Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors

42/17 To receive an update on Leisure Centre

• We are awaiting outcome of WLBC meeting scheduled for 19 July 2017

43/17 To receive update on planned works at Hesketh Avenue

• Awaiting commencement by drainage contractor which is due at any time soon
• Cllr Abram to liaise with clerk in respect of a letter to Environment Agency about the embankment

44/17 To consider a request from local football club ‘Southport Trinity’ to use Aveling Drive ground

• All in agreement
• Clerk to contact WLBC (who are owners) to seek their approval

45/17 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies

a) Police and Community Together (PACT) Panel

Nothing to report

b) Corporate Planning

• Cllr Abram and clerk to liaise in respect of an Enforcement letter

c) Community Centre

Nothing to report

d) Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)

Nothing to report

e) Health Issues

Agenda item to be raised for next meeting to discuss and formulate a way forward to stop vehicles parking in the vicinity of the entrance to the Health Centret

f) Banks Carnival

Nothing to report

g) Health & Safety

Agenda item for next meeting to discuss purchase of salt for Winter roads (and maybe a bin to put the salt in)

h) Finance

Nothing to report