NORTH MEOLS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 8th February 2022
At the Hub, Banks
Commenced : 19.00
Present: Bill Abram John Howard Dorothy Hames
Chris Lennon Lawrence Baxter Steve Douglas
Parish Clerk Angela Jenkins
152/21 Public Participation
154/21 Declarations of Interest
155/21 New Parish Councillor
- Linda Gresty was put forward to be a Parish Councillor , decision made she will be co-opted onto the Council next meeting.
156/21 Minutes of the previous meeting 11th January 2022
157/21 Police Report
- Neil Cranshaw reported on what has been happening in village, 59 various incidents reported, and 6 reports of antisocial behaviour.
- Neil pointed out that if you have something to report to the police please RING 101 do not just post it on facebook, it will be dealt with quicker.
- Also if concerned as to what is happening people should check out the LANCASHIRE TALKING website to keep up to date with whats happening in the area.
158/21 Clerk’s Report/Progress Report on decisions taken at last meeting and any urgent decisions
159/21 FinanceAccounts for payment February 2022
|4218 -4220 & 4222||Staff||Remuneration||£ 2,080.24|
|4221||Lancs County Council||Putting up Christmas Lights||£ 1,920.00|
|4224||AMV Playgrounds||Benches Park||£ 3,843.00|
|4225||Alliance Fire Protection||Hoole Lane Fire Protection||£ 39.60|
|4226||H with Becconsall PC||The Allotments||£ 96.00|
Agreed that payments of Accounts since the last meeting are ratified and invoices now presented on the payment schedule are approved and cheques signed by authorised signatories accordingly
- Balance on Current Bank Account £ 24,810.60 – Reserve Accounts £ 33,227.32
160/21 Confirm Requirements in respect of 2022/2023 Budget and confirm proposals
- The Council Sub Committee met previously to discuss and make appropriate proposals
- It was agreed that we would submit a request for precept payment of £ 53,691 after Grants
- Therefore Precept to be raised from Council Tax with a taxbase of £ 1,594.34 equates to Band D equivalent Tax Level of £ 33.68 a decrease of 3.18% on the previous year.
161/21 Correspondence for Information
- Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors
- No 27 to Cllr Abram
162/21 Emails Sent to Councillors January/February
- Subject of Bunting and Flags to go forward to next a meeting
163/21 Contracts for works for Parish Council to be reviewed
- Reviewing the wording and Clerk to place advert in Soutport Free Paper
164/21 To Receive update from WLB Councillors
- Cllr Howard West Lancs have a Community Chest that individuals and groups can apply for funding March/June/November.
- For the Jubilee, trees are available for planting two and a half thousand saplings, where to put them and volunteers to help with planting needed.
- Bins for Church Road and Charnleys will cost £ 550.00 x 2 Council gave go ahead, Councillor Howard will action with WLBC.
165/21 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies
- Corporate Planning
Nothing to Report
- Community Centre
Agreed that PC is moving to The Hub and the building will be only open to the Post Office going forwards.
Food Bank would like to use the building and in principal a small donation from the PO towards Gas and Electricity would be considered.
- Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)
- Slab to be formed by 18th February.
- Need further quotes for CCTV and up to date one from Badger Alarms
- Another 2 Benches for the park agreed to order.
- Clerk to contact Electricity Northwest for connection of Electricity for CCTV when slab in place
- Health Issues
Nothing to Report
- Health & Safety
Nothing to report
Nothing to report
Weekly Planning Lists
|26.01.22||2021/1505/FUL||24 Chapel Ln, Banks – Single storey ext to side|
|02.02.22||2022/1124/FUL||Matthews farm, Marsh Rd, Banks – Single storey rear ext and amended fenestration|
Planning Delegated Decisions
|15.01.22||2021/1316/FUL||53 Chapel Ln,Banks, Single Storey ext||Granted|
|22.01.22||2021/1113/FUL||Foxwood Stables, infill||Withdrawn|
All agreed and no action to be taken forward to WLBC in respect of above planning matters.
167/21 Aveling Drive Playing Field
- It was agreed the PC need to have a meeting regarding the playing fields and look at how to move forward with improving the facility.
168/21 Date of Next Meeting
At the Hub Community and Leisure Centre, Greaves Hall Avenue, Banks
Tuesday 8th March 2022 @ 7.00pm