NORTH MEOLS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 11th February 2020
At the Leisure Centre, Banks
Present: Bill Abram Tom Blane
Steve Douglas Chris Lennon
Dorothy Hames John Howard
Parish Clerk Angela Jenkins
- Carl the new Landdlord of The New Fleetwood Public House is working to bring the community together to help keep the Public House open as the owners wish to sell the premises. He and Liz have great ideas for making it a community friendly asset. Asked if the Parish Council would get behind an application as Asset of Community Value Nomination Form.
Parish Council agreed Brian would forward him the form and the Parish Council would put forward to WLBC.
- Naomi Savory representing Co-Op food stores to inform the Council of the Community Fund Scheme they run and that Banks is aligned with Tarleton and they would like Banks to apply for more of the funding as it has mostly gone to Tarleton so far. It can be used for Protecting Community Spaces, Schools can apply, not for profit charities. 3 Causes are chosen each year.
Suggested she contact school heads direct as well as the PTA’s.
- Cllr Wright due to illness, Cllr O’Hare
129/19 Declarations of Interest
- All Councillors reminded they may need to update Register of Interests
130/19 Minutes of the previous meeting
131/19 Police Report (verbal)
- Not present
132/19 Clerk’s Report
- To organise a check of the Computers in Community Centre regarding condition and age.
- Organised skip for litter pick
|3960||Clare Murphy||February Salary||533.65|
|3961||Jean Mannering||February Salary||249.03|
|3962||Angela Jenkins||February Salary||987.76|
|3963||HMRC||Tax & NI||184.31|
|3964||Lancs County Council||Christmas Street Lighting||1560.00|
|FMG Consulting (1740)||Business Plan Support||2550.00|
|3965||FMG Consulting (1785)||Business Plan Support||2550.00|
|3966||BC Energy Solutions||Clean 10 Bus Shelters||720.00|
|3967||Alliance Fire Protection||Service CC Fire Equipment||36.00|
|3968||Banks Printers||Litter Leaflets||68.00|
|3969||Tony Crivaro||Fence at Comm Centre||275.00|
|3970||Martland Skip Hire||Skip at CC for LitterPick||190.00|
- list circulated
- Agreed that payments of Accounts since the last meeting are ratified and invoices now presented on the payment schedule are approved and cheques signed by authorised signatories accordingly
- Forms were signed for Bank
- Confirmed Precept had been applied for
134/19 Correspondence for Information
- Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors
135/19 To discuss distribution of donations to groups/events within the Community
- Agreed cheque for Banks Bowling Club to be raised to help with greens maintenance.
136/19 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies
- Corporate Planning
- Community Centre
- Do an audit of the Computers in Community Centre, plug all in get Clare to action.
- Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)
- New dog waste bin required – 2 at least required
- Flooding on playing fireld, measures need to be taken, Bill and Steve to look at what can be done to alleviate this.
- Childrens playground needs a complete revamp, Angela to check with Tarleton Clerk who completed their playground.
- Angela going to see if we can get funding for posters with reflective eyes .
- Try some Cameras to stop vandalism and dog faeces.
- Health Issues
- Cllr Hames attended a PPG Meeting with Dr Bonser, the Practice is interacting with UCLAN giving work experience to A Level Students hoping to do medicine and trainee physician, the Practice is going forward with a Physician Associate (PA) .
- Beacon Primary Care have said that if people tell them there is more than one issue say Diabetes and COPD they can book them a longer appointment.
- In general things are improving.
- Health & Safety
- Nothing to Report
- Nothing to report
137/19 Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor
- There is going to be a pump fitted to help with the flooding problem on Aveling Drive to move water while they work outcome after meeting with Cllr Blane.
Weekly Planning Lists
|09.01.20||2019/1199/FUL||Former Greaves Hall Hospital 15 Dwellings|
|09.01.20||2019/1200/FUL||Former Greaves Hall Hospital 12 Dewllings|
|08.01.20||2019/1201/FUL||Former Greaves Hall Hospital 8 Dwellings|
|04.02.2020||2020/0105/PNH||To Determine if prior approval required for extension 12 Station Rd, Banks, PR9 8BB|
- Agreed that all matters were in order and no action to be taken forward to WLBC in respect of other planning matters
139/19 Date of next meeting
Tuesday 10th March 2020
140/19 Leisure Centre
- Positive outcome from meeting 6 – 7 pm
141/19 Retiring Clerk
- Discussions regarding renumeration agreed to make final payment.