Article content

Minutes December 2017


Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 12 December 2017
At the Banks Community Centre, Hoole Lane.

Commenced 19.15
Concluded 20.00
Present: Dorothy Hames
Chris Lennon
Steven Douglas
Tom Blane

Parish Clerk David Maughan

Public Participation

• None present

100/17 Apologies

• Cllrs Pendlebury, O’Hare, Barron, and Abram were not present

101/17 Declarations of Interest

• Cllr Douglas in respect of planning matter

102/17 Minutes of the previous meeting

• Approved

103/17 Police Report (verbal)

• Not present

104/17 Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.

• Nothing to report

105/17 Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting

• Clerk reported that go ahead received from WLBC to purchase bus shelter from local supplier had been received and that bus shelter was now erected
• Clerk also reported £5,500 received from WLBC in respect of ‘C’ scheme
• Clerk also reported that VAT claim had been submitted to HMRC

106/17 Finance

107/17 Correspondence for Information

Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors

108/17 To receive an update on Leisure Centre

• Cllr Blane reported that progress being made in respect of Leisure Centre with various avenues being undertaken
• Simon Burnett (WLBC) investigating legal situation
• Mark Forster (WLSP) to complete a business plan for WLBC and in this connection would like to address the councillors in a private meeting – to be taken forward accordingly

109/17 To receive an update in respect of the works at Hesketh Avenue

• Drainage works almost complete

110/17 To take matters forward in respect of the Local Plan review

• Cllr Hames to take matters forward ahead of meeting at WLBC in January
• To liaise with Cllr Abram

111/17 To ratify Council Policy Documents

• Carried that the Council Policy Documents (listed below) are confirmed as drawn for continued use:-

Donations Policy
Equal Opportunities Policy
Financial Regulations
Freedom of Information
Risk Assessment
Standing Orders

112/17 To consider items and projects for inclusion in the 2018-2019 Budget

• Agreed that clerk and Cllrs Lennon and Douglas would meet to formulate proposed budget and in this respect arrangements made for meeting on 4 January 2018 at 7.00 pm Community Centre to take matters forward

113/17 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies

a) Police and Community Together (PACT) Panel

Nothing to report

b) Corporate Planning

Nothing to report

c) Community Centre

Nothing to report

d) Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)

Nothing to report

e) Health Issues

Nothing to report

f) Banks Carnival

Nothing to report

g) Health & Safety

Nothing to report

h) Finance

Nothing to report

114/17 Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor

• Nothing to report other than planned meeting tomorrow

115/17 Updates from Lancashire County Councillor

• Not present

116/17 Planning

117/17 Date of next meeting

Community Centre
9 January 2017
7.15 pm