Article content

Minutes April 2018


Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 10 April 2018
At the Banks Community Centre, Hoole Lane.

Commenced 19.15
Concluded 19.45
Present: Bill Abram
Chris Lennon
Steven Douglas
Tom Blane
Harry Pendlebury
Dorothy Hames

Parish Clerk Absent with Cllr Chris Lennon as acting Clerk

A minutes silence was held before the meeting in respect of Joan Draper who has died following an illness. Joan had been a Parish Councillor foir North Meols and the Parish Council wish to pass their condolences to Joans family

Public Participation

• None

166/17 Apologies

• Cllr O’Hare was absent through illness and Cllr Barron was also absent

167/17 Declarations of Interest

• None

168/17 Minutes of the previous meeting

• Approved

169/17 Police Report (verbal)

• Not present
• The council have requested that the clerk contacts the police to request their attendance at the next meeting although if that is not possible to obtain written details from them of crime numbers in the village

170/17 Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at last meeting.

• A letter had been sent to WLBC to supportMal Procters planning application at ‘The Village Pantry’

171/17 Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since last meeting

• The clerk had arranged for the repair and cleaning of the bus shelter at Fleetwood Drive following damage caused by vandals although it was noted the lights were still not working. Clerk to contact Richard Owen to arrange for lights to be repaired

172/17 Finance

173/17 Correspondence for Information

Schedule of correspondence received circulated to all councillors

174/17 To receive an update in respect of the works at Hesketh Avenue

• Drainage works almost complete
• Fencing works also almost finished
• Councillors discussed and voted in favour of re-seeding and levelling the field to overcome lying water, with the cost estimated to be in the region of £5k

175/17 Discussion of potential street names at Greaves Hall

• All councillors agreed to the suggested names

176/17 Co-opting George Rear to the Parish Council

• It was decided to leave until after the local elections

177/17 To receive reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups and outside bodies
a) Police and Community Together (PACT) Panel

Nothing to report

b) Corporate Planning

Nothing to report

c) Community Centre

Nothing to report

d) Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)

Nothing to report

e) Health Issues

Nothing to report

f) Banks Carnival

Nothing to report

g) Health & Safety

Nothing to report

h) Finance

Nothing to report

178/17 Updates from West Lancashire Borough Councillor

• Nothing to report

179/17 Updates from Lancashire County Councillor

• Not present

180/17 Planning

181/17 Update in respect of Leisure Centre

• There was a Part Two agenda item (press and public excluded)
• However, Mark Forster from WLSP was not in attendance so this will be held over until next meeting unless we call another meeting meantime

182/17 Date of next meeting

To incorporate Annual meeting
Community Centre
08 May 2018
7.15 pm