NORTH MEOLS PARISH COUNCIL
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 14 May 2019, at 7.15 pm at Banks Community Centre, Hoole Lane.
Meeting called by: The Parish Clerk In the Chair: Cllr. Bill Abram
Type of meeting: Monthly Clerk: David Maughan
Attendees: All Parish Councillors
You are hereby summoned to attend the Annual Meeting
- Election of Chairman
- Election of Vice Chairman
- Formation of Committees and Working Groups
- Election of Internal Auditor
- Agreement to meet on second Tuesday each month with an annual recess in August
Prior to the business of the meeting there will be a session for public participation, limited to Parish Council issues which will be limited to 15 minutes.
‘Public Voice’ will continue so as to allow members of the public to give information relevant to a specific agenda item.
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence.
- Declarations of Interest.
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
- To declare any disclosable pecuniary interests (DPI) or non-pecuniary interests in items on the agenda and their nature. (Councillors with DPIs must leave the meeting for the relevant items).
- Minutes: To consider the approval of the minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 9 April 2019 (previously circulated).
4 Police Report
5 Clerk’s progress report on decisions taken at the last meeting.
6 Clerk’s report on any urgent decisions taken since the last meeting.
- To consider payments to be made as on list circulated
8 Correspondence for Information.
To note the appendix of items, which will be available, should anyone request any specific item.
9 To receive a proposition that the Year-End Budget Out-Turn report is received and noted (Copy previously distributed)
10 To receive a proposition the ‘Annual Governance Statement 2018/19’ is ratified as presented and that the Chairman and Clerk are authorised to sign denoting the Authority’s approval (Copy previously distributed)
11 To receive a proposition the ‘Accounting Statement 2018/19’ is ratified as presented and that the Chairman is authorised to sign denoting the Authority’s Approval (Copy previously distributed)
12 To receive a proposition that the Annual Accounts of the Council are received, accepted and noted as presented (copy previously distributed)
13 To receive and note the Internal Auditors Report (Previously distributed)
14 To discuss and consider what action may be necessary in respect of the travellers’ site(s) in the Parish
15 To discuss and consider what playground improvements are necessary to be taken forward
16 To discuss inviting the Environment Agency to attend a future meeting to discuss water courses and necessary action in respect of who is liable for action to be taken forward
17 To discuss dog fouling in the Parish and what action is necessary to be taken
18 To receive any reports and recommendations from Members representing the Council on working groups/outside bodies.
- a) Corporate Planning.
- b) Community Centre.
- c) Hesketh Avenue (Banks Park)
- d) Health Issues (Cllr. Hames)
- e) Health & Safety
- f) Finance
19 To receive an update from West Lancashire Borough Councillors
20 To receive an update from Lancashire County Councillor
To consider the weekly list of planning applications, to note any decisions made, and any other planning matters brought to the notice of the Parish Council as detailed on the list attached
22 Date of next meeting
To confirm the date and location of the next meeting scheduled for 11 June 2019
Members of the press and public are excluded
23 To discuss the way forward in respect of the Leisure Centre
David Maughan (Clerk to North Meols Parish Council).